Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

DIY Beauty Recipe: Chocolate & Strawberry Facemask

When I was about, probably 11 or 12 years old, I would to sneak into my grandma's bathroom drawers and secretly use her Avon face-masks. Ever since then, I have had an absolute obsession with them and not just any kind of face mask, but making homemade ones. I love the fact that they are cleaning my skin, I love the way they make my face feel after and I love that there are endless kinds to make; always something new to whip up and pamper myself with.
Tonight as I am relaxing and sipping my hot chocolate, I decided I wanted to make a Chocolate & Strawberry one...I told my husband and his reaction was, "Isn't chocolate bad for your skin?" So to make sure my skin wasn't going to break out and turn bight red, I did some research and here is what I've found: it is a myth! Chocolate actually is rich in antioxidants and can save skin from free radical damage. So I continued with my inspiration....

To make you will simply need:

1 Large Strawberry
1 oz Organic Dark Cocoa Powder
1 teaspoon Honey
(you can also add oats for an exfoliate, but I didn't this time)


Mix all the ingredients together and apply. Rinse off in about 15 min
and your face will feel baby soft!

No comments:

Post a Comment