Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

An Inheritance of Gratitude

Most of you know, because I talk of it often, how my grandma is and always has been my role model. Being that Thanksgiving is only a couple days away, I thought I would take a moment to reflect upon how thankful I am to have her in my life and guide me in the way that she was taught. The life values she has passed down from her ancestors and instilled in me are irreplaceable. I am truly grateful for the Christian faith she has taught me. The stories she has told me. The family recipes she has shared with me. The time she has taken to teach me. For always being there to support me, no matter what. She is so special to me, one of a kind and I am so happy God made her MY grams.

Every year, as we all sit around the Thanksgiving table, I reminisce about all the things I’ve been given, the things I am thankful for, and the loved ones I’ve lost and what it would be like if they were still here today- the past and present truly unite. As crazy as things can get when we are all together, I can see that I am blessed to be apart of a family, and not any family- but mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment