Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Yard-Saling Addict!

Not too long ago, my bosses had a yard sale and I was watching their girls while they hosted it. They advertised for it in the paper, and I believe, Criagslist. Anyways- I could not believe how many people were stopping by, literally there were non-stop cars for hours! I sort of wanted to see for myself what the fuss was about....

So a weekend or so after that, my husband and I drove by a yard-sale and I forced him to stop, so we could take a quick gander...I got some brand new AMAZING things! Since then, its all I can think about! Don't get my wrong, I had been to yard sales before when I was younger- but now, since I'm married and we're on our own, I'm always on a hunt for a good bargain! I also couldn't believe all the things I found at that yard sale, and knew that there had to be more!

After my new found love, I went for a morning with my friend Leticia... I can NOT believe everything I found for $26.00 and a bunch of the things were brand spankin new, like with tags and packaging still on! Plus, it was such a fun way to spend a Saturday morning!

To find our spots, we looked in the newspaper, Craigslist, and just drive bys.

First there was a yard-sale with someone who inherited almost an entire store of "Halmark Gold Crown" and that was fabulous because EVERYTHING was new!
There I bought:
Scrapbook Photo Album
Candle
Bus Driver Key chain(my uncle is a school bus driver)
Book of "fun things to do"
Mug
Board Game
I found plenty of gifts there, but no one would ever know...So if you get a gift from me-don't ask me where I got it ;)

We also went to a Church Sale. Towards the end of our time being there, they announced if you wanted to fill a brown bag with whatever you wanted, it would only be $3.00!
There I found:
2 Scarfs
6 Belts
1 Tie
Cookie Scooper
Bath and Body Works oil diffuser (brand new with $12.00 tag still on it!)
Lemon Juicer
3 Christmas Decor items
6 Shirts
1 Cardigan
Mirror
Frosting Decorator
Book/Journal

There was a Womans Club having a sale that we also wanted to check out and glad we did!I purchased:
Christmas Cookbook
Christmas Decor
Board Game (90's trivial pursuit)
Enjoy Tray

Regular Yard Sales I bought:
Multi Grater (brand new)
2 Makeup Books
Board Game (brand new)
Candle (brand new)
Volcom Jeans
Long Sleeve Black Collard Shirt




Moral of my story- Don't EVER underestimate a yard sale! It is true what they say, "One's persons trash is another person's treasure"!

I can't wait for my next encounter!!!

4 comments:

  1. I found out when I had my son that yard sales were great places to get things for babies. I bought a whole "kitchen dish size moving box" of baby clothes for $15.00. They were sized from newborn to 2T. Some were brand new, all looked brand new. The box also included some blankets and a couple of baby toys. That was just one great deal I got!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so wonderful! Seriously, my life will never be the same! I feel like now knowing what you can find at yard sales, totally changes the way I shop at stores now!(at least for certain things). Thanks for sharing with me about YOUR finds!I'll keep that in mind when I become a mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a good time! I'm glad we had this adventure! And let me tell you all the things I got that day have found the perfect place in my apartment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am too! It was my favorite thing I've done on a Saturday morning in a REALLY long time! Glad I got to do it with you Leticia :)... Seriously, I want to come over so I can re-see all that you got!

    ReplyDelete