Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Homemade Canine Treats!

Lately I have been feeling really bad, having to leave my pooch at home by herself a lot while I'm at work(or hubs-man is at school or work). So I decided I wanted to do something special for her, which sparked the idea of making her some homemade treats. They have now become the highlight of all her days :)! but I don't mind because they are easy to make, cost effective and good for her!

Natural Peanut Butter & Oat Canine Treats


For this tasty treat, you will need the following:

* 1 1/2 cups White Flour
* 1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
* 1/2 cup Natural Peanut Butter
* Handful of Old Fashioned Oats
* 1 cup Water
* 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
* Cookie Cutter (I prefer a bone shape)
(Makes about 40 treats)


Preheat oven for 350. Mix the oil, natural peanut butter and water. Slowly add the flour to the mixture, creating a dough. Sprinkle desired amount of oats. Knead until you create a firm ball. Roll dough until you create about 1/4 inch in depth. Use chosen cookie cutter. Place on cookie sheet. Bake for 15-20 min, depending on your oven.




Waiting patiently...


She can hardly take the anticipation!

If you want to do something EXTRA special, you can also add some yogurt frosting:
* 6 oz Plain Yogurt
* about 1/4 cup Corn Starch
* 1 tablespoon Stevia
Combine ingredients. Dip whole treat in the yogurt or just the ends of the treats. This mixture can be runny, so you may have to add a little more corn starch, if desired. Place on tray and refrigerate.



My girl is so in love with these treats, she sits under the kitchen counter for hours, waiting for another!....and I'm pretty sure I've never met a dog that doesn't drool at the sight of peanut butter, so I know yours will love these too!


*Please consult with your Vet to approve this recipe for your dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment